Pages

8/7/13

#6 irrational thoughts


Posts with a # at the beginning are part of our story. They are from when Stacey was little. All the other posts are current day or have a year or age noted. If you're new here and want to start at the beginning, just find #1 and at the end is a link to the next part so you can read in order.

Enjoy! Thanks for being here! :)

   
She starts to wake! I feel so hopeful! She looks pink again!! Carlos was there now and trying to be reassuring. A few family and friends are now in the ER lobby. I feel inconvenient. Then one of the pastors from church came in. My mind was overloaded and I had an odd response to him being there. I was angry. Pastors visit really sick or dying people and he had no business being there. I *knew* we'd be sent home soon and he'd have wasted his time. I know how irrational that is now, but at the time, that's about all I had left, a bunch of confused, scared, irrational thoughts.

     Labs were starting to come back. I expected answers. All I got was more questions. Each result created the need for further testing to narrow things down. There was indication that her kidneys were failing. Her organs were beginning to shut down. They started a variety of medications and ordered more tests. The most critical at the moment was her potassium. It came back at 11 the first time and they ran it again to be sure and it had increased to 12. This was twice the level it should be and put her at huge risk of cardiac arrest. This is when they started talking about medivac. They contacted a team from CHLA and was told they couldn't transport her until she was more stable. And here I thought she was getting better! More labs, more questions, more fear, more singing in her ear.


Continue story here:
http://highfivesforstacey.blogspot.com/2013/08/7-this-has-got-to-be-false-alarm.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cyber High Fives! :-)