Pages

8/9/13

#8 prayers un-prayed

Posts with a # at the beginning are part of our story. They are from when Stacey was little. All the other posts are current day or have a year or age noted. If you're new here and want to start at the beginning, just find #1 and at the end is a link to the next part so you can read in order.

Enjoy! Thanks for being here! :)

     Finally we have a potassium at 8! They feel she can handle the flight now. We made the final arrangements and Carlos left to grab some things from home and head to CHLA. They loaded her on the flight gurney and led me to the front passenger seat of an ambulance. Those moments of separation were excruciating but even unspoken prayers can be answered. The back doors of the ambulance flew open and as I looked back I saw them loading my baby girl! We were going to drive! Together!! My tears freely flowed as I thanked God for this gift!

      During the prep to leave, the flight the team felt they needed more room to tend to her if she crashed and the ambulance provided that better than the helicopter. Within moments of loading her we were on the road. Lights flashing, sirens blaring as we drove through town. Once we were on the freeway the sirens stopped and I started to chat with the driver. I told him she is our 4th. How our family has adjusted so well to her arrival. How the day had played out. I told him her name. He opened the mic to the back so we could hear them. She was stable. There was a little window I could see her through. She didn't look familiar to me. MY baby is pink and full of life. This baby was pale and limp and buried in wires and tubes and bleeping machines. I just wanted MY baby back.


Continue story here:
http://highfivesforstacey.blogspot.com/2013/08/9-critical-care-unit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cyber High Fives! :-)